Skin tones

Hey ya'll. Sorry for the lack of posts this week, I didn't anticipate my schedule being so unfriendly to hobby time! Luckily I've sorted out the extra stuff, so my evenings should include a modicum of progress. For a few minutes today I finished up the skin on one of my Bolt Action BAR-toting Americans in my usual way that I've been using for the Warhammers.

And... I don't like it in this context. It seems... off, somehow. Too rudy? Anyway, here are the steps I took:


  1. Base with Tallarn Flesh, a GW Foundation paint. I don't think I'll ever stop using the Foundations because of how opaque they are. 
  2. Add Dwarf Flesh.
  3. Wash with Ogryn Flesh
  4. Highlight back up with Dwarf Flesh.
  5. Mix in some Elf Flesh.
  6. Mix in more Elf Flesh for a final highlight. 




I'd like to try some alternate skin-tone recipes if you've got 'em. Feedback would be nice as well.

Cheers all!

Comments

Popular Posts